Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I want a million dollars too.

Well, the weekend was harsh. Okay, that's not true. I was harsh to myself this past weekend. Extending the weekend on into Monday, of course. Too much binging and self-pity. My body's a wreck. I'm not even sure that I could binge at this point, I feel horrible. I just want to eat good things and take my vitamins and stop feeling like hell right now.

The weigh-in showed a teensy-tiny bit of loss. Barely worth mentioning. I love that I can undo all that work in a few short days. Well, no, I really don't, but being mad about it won't help now.

My goal for this week, besides not self-destructing, is to start incorporating a little more exercise. Even if it's just twenty minutes a day. Who really just sits there all day long???

Me. Or, at least, I used to. Today, I'm doing something, even if it's just 20 minutes on the bike before work. And, as usual, NO MORE BINGING.

-Tubby-

4 comments:

The Fat Foreigner said...

I know we talked about this before but how many calories are you eating per day right now? because if the answer is less than 1200 then up it stat. Anything less then your body will force itself into starvation mode thereby setting you up for a binge/purge cycle. You're binging because you're hungry! Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there's a lot of other mental/emotional stuff in there too that bears scrutiny but help youself by doing the easier part and ensuring you get enough calories a day. Otherwise you will be 'good' for a couple of days and then need to binge. Also, neither of you are horribly overweight (despite what you may be feeling) so if it's a little harder to get the pounds moving don't worry, it's normal when you haven't got that many to go. Finally (I promise I'll get off my soapbox after this) if you exercise you're going to need to eat a bit more of the right things to keep your body going with the extra stress you're putting it under. You've probabaly given your metabolism a rough ride considering both of you have history of eating disorders, so if you don't see results straight away again, don't worry, it just needs a chance to recover and get back on track.

Sorr if I'm being harsh or simplifying what I'm sure is a very difficult thing for you, but I really think if you don't change the way you look at your diet, you won't be able to knock yourself out of the cycle. With how much effort I can see you're putting in I'd really love for you to see some results, so evaluate what you're allowing youself and ask if it's realistic, give your body a fighing chance.

Chubby and Tubby said...

We understand what you're saying, and you're right. The thing is, eating more than 1200 calories a day is a challenge for us, because we've been starving ourselves for so long. And some days, I've got so much to do that I only get 1000 calories a day. I usually end up at a 1400 calorie average during the week, though. How many calories do you eat?

-Chubby-

Chubby and Tubby said...

Also, even if we don't eat more than 1000 a day, we make sure to get all our nutrients, a lot of protein, enough fat, not too many carbs and loads of vitamins. So our bodies are not doing too bad.

The Fat Foreigner said...

I tend to try and keep it to 1600 a day, I experimented with a few different levels for a couple of weeks and it just seemed to work for me.